Technically, I should be working on week #7 but a trip to NY put me a little behind schedule. The trip was lovely as always but far too short. Can’t wait to head back for a Mets game! Anyway, this weekend was all about catching up. I know that I will still have pending projects post cure but I managed to still get a lot done. So let’s get to the list:
Weekly Assignment (Deep Treatment):
– Clean bathroom and related closets. DONE. I have functional linen and laundry closets now. Baskets or storage bins would complete everything. They will have to wait as I’ve been spending way too much time at Bed, Bath & Beyond and the like.
– De clutter cabinets and closets. DONE- See above.
– Arrange your bathroom efficiently. DONE (Sort of)- I threw away anything old, empty or completely unecessary. What’s left is organized but I need bins. Seriously, I spend way too much time in home stores. Must step away!
– Upgrade your razor and shaving supplies. DONE and DONE
– Purchase bath salts and a nice soap. Would you settle for a really nice shower gel?!
– Place a candle in your bathroom. DONE.
– Consider scents for your home. Scented (soy based!) candles placed all over the apartment. Scents, DONE
– Plan for the week ahead on Sunday. On schedule for tomorrow, Sunday FUNday! Sarcasm aside, this might help as I always have things going on during the week that I just forget about until the night before or when my lunch appointment is calling me to confirm day of.
– Wake early and take a bath before work. Sounds really good in theory but not gonna happen. Sleep is far too precious. I’d rather take a nice hot shower after snoozing for 30 minutes.
– Optional: consider a media fast for the next week. The only way I’d consider doing this is if I were on an expense paid trip around the world. I’m far too attached to media (it’s my livelihood!) to give up completely.
– Optional: straighten your desk at work. We’re moving to virtual files so this is becoming less and less of a problem. Either way, I try to tidy (When did I start saying tidy!?) before leaving each night. I also make to-do lists to set up for the next day.