I started work on the side table this weekend. After three sanding attempts, I could not get the top surface smooth enough to paint. The original layers were just too thick and uneven. Yes, I could have applied paint remover but I’m impatient.
It took me two months to pick a color and now I just want this project done. I decided to just pretend that the imperfections will give the piece a bit of character. To my surprise, it didn’t look so bad. It’s only the first coat but I the primer/paint combo (Color: Pumpkin Harvest) is providing great coverage so far.
The color reminds of the Great Pumpkin. It’s not the shocking orange that I was going for but I like it. It works well with the lampshade and other accessories that I have planned for this area. If it sucks, it’s just paint and I can redo it. So far, however, I like where this is going.